Friday, July 10, 2009

Roxie and Nealie

Donnalors checked the door viewer - it was Roxie and Nealie, two of her friends. Roxie was her black haired lover. Nealie shaves her head bald. 'Come in - sit down'. Roxie embraced Donnalors. 'On' she said, and the Phemera turned on. 'Did you want anything?' 'Oh Donnalors, why bother. You hardly ever have anything. How do you get by without losing any weight'? 'I know - I just rarely get hungry. I was thinking of visiting a supply center or a store...' her voice trailed off. Donnalors just stared away from Roxie and stared at the Phemera view.

'What is it'? You're acting stranger than usual. I must say you're getting odder every day. How did I ever fall in love with you'. 'You told me it was because I'm so beautiful'. 'Yes, you are'. They kissed briefly. 'If you two or going to start lovemaking, I'm getting a beverage', said Nealie. 'I think theres some in the unit'. Nealie got up.

'I think I'll be pregnant, soon'. "Really, that is big news. Historic'. 'Yes, it really is. You haven't told anybody?' 'I think I know better than that'. Nealie came back in with a green beverage. 'Well this calls for a celebration'. Nealie 'I guess I'd better finish this off'. 'Hold on, I've got secrets to tell - under the threat of death'. Nealie and Roxie both lifted their eyebrows. 'What do you mean'? They both said, and then said 'Aha!' and crossed their pinkie fingers.

'I've been visited by members of The China Party'. 'Go on', said Roxie. 'The leading member told me she was authorized to terminate my life if I repeat this, so just hear this and shut up. Just shut the hell up, or I could be a dead person'. 'You know I don't kiss and tell'.

'Well, I don't think they'll terminate me for this, but do keep it a secret. I've told I'm going to conceive a boy'. Nealie and Roxie raised their eyebrows again. 'But, that's illegal, isn't it?', Roxie looked questioningly at Nealie. Nealie merely shrugged and said, 'Sexual reproduction is - of course - illegal. Its just that, its just that...well, its impossible for the environment to support male reproduction. Or so I thought'. Nealie looked at Donnalors.

'Still - that's what I've been told. I've also been told that I am the only one selected to bear a boy. They haven't told me how this is to be possible. Imagine, 20 plus trillion people and I'm the only one - its staggering'. Roxie and Nealie just looked stunned. 'Nealie, you're the expert. Do you think they have listening devices in here?' 'Its possible. I'll check'. Nealie was in communications and was expert in tracking hidden communications and devices of the same. She checked her loop. 'I'm not finding anything. But, I don't believe that they don't have some kind of listening device or the ability to eavesdrop. Where can we go that's safe'. 'I don't know. Everything is so crowded with people'. They all stood up and looked at the teeming masses of people down below, through the viewscreen. People standing on people, just everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment